Whether you are an Entrepreneur or company leader, you need to build strong connections with people. Know-Like-Trust is a term often discussed in sales and marketing circles. But really applies, no matter what business you are in. So how do you build connections? One way, ask questions.
But without genuine interest and engagement, that alone does not build connections. To build that bridge, you need to listen and be present in the moment. You need ask the right questions, that makes a difference. And make sure they are open ended so the discussion expands beyond the initial question.
These questions can follow different themes depending on the nature of the existing relationship. If you are a career coach it could be more career or goal focused, if you are a leader within a small business, maybe these will be more personal in nature.
Because these are intended to get both you and the person answering a little outside their comfort zone, so it’s fine if you feels a little uncomfortable. This will take some practice but it will get easier. Consider these “brave questions”.
Question to build connections:
- What do you think the world needs the most and why?
- Describe a a perfect day
- What goals would you like to achieve by the end of the year?
- How would you define success?
- What are some things you like about the community where you live?
- What historical event has impacted you the most and why?
- What are the most important commitments in your life right now?
be inspired, be empowered, be BOLD
Make it an amazing day!