I thought this definition in Webster captures the incredibly multi faceted spirit of inspiration. It is part spiritual and part intellectual.
Definition of Inspiration (Merriam-Webster)
a: a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation b: the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions c: the act of influencing or suggesting opinions
So how do you find inspiration when it’s being elusive? First, are you living your purpose? And once you have your purpose, how do you stay inspired when life happens?
Here are some tips to find it and keep it.
- Decide what you really care about and who you should be serving
- Write a personal mission statement that supports those ideas briefly and clearly
- Dream BIG, decide exactly what you want, write it down and be specific
- Set measurable and time bound goals for how you can take steps toward your dreams
- Finding your purpose and making progress on your goals will help keep you inspired
- Find people that are positive and give you inspiration, I love Oprah and her Super Soul Sundays
- Find books and quotes and podcasts and music that help energize you
Identifying your purpose can help you find long term inspiration. As well as filling your mind and heart with positive messages can help you keep that vision moving forward.
be inspired, be empowered, be BOLD
Make it an amazing day!