Effective meetings can be accomplished every time. It’s true, following a simple formula.
What are the proven ways to ensure that your meetings hit the mark?
- Advance Scheduling (whenever possible)
- Meeting Agendas
- Time Limits
- Advance scheduling gets as many attendees to your meeting as possible. Schedules are tight, so be respectful and give people time to move things around to attend. If you are scheduling a meeting same day or even next day expect a limited crowd.
- If you are scheduling the meeting, send an agenda. Meeting Agendas that Drive Results
Note: If you are attending a meeting, review the agenda in advance so you can do your homework if needed.
- So make sure that you are aware and tracking the time. You can assign a period of time for each item in advance. Or keep an eye on the clock, be sure not to lose the entire meeting one agenda item.
- This one may be the most important piece of the formula. You can have a great meeting but without ownership of next steps there is the potential for limited execution.
If you will follow this formula for your meetings, you can accomplish effective meetings every time.
be inspired, be empowered, be BOLD
Make it an amazing day!